In April 2013, the Government announced new funding for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding was ring fenced and had to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding, but the aim is to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
- Sports Premium Impact Report - 2018/19 (pdf)
- Sports Premium Impact Report - 2017/18 (pdf)
- Sports Premium Impact Report - 2016/17 (pdf)
- Sports Premium Impact Report - 2015/16 (pdf)
This year we have chosen to use our additional funding for the following things:
- Fund a PE apprentice for the year.
- Fund specialist teaching in dance and cricket.
- Contribute towards the cost of organising large sporting events across the Harborough Schools, eg. athletics.
- Fund additional support at after school clubs so more children can attend.
- Contribute towards the cost of Caspers so that more children are able to attend.
At St. Joseph's we have chosen to use the money to employ a qualified coach. The coach works alongside the teachers, to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE.
As there is no guarantee that this funding will continue at the end of the two years we have chosen to use the money to ensure that whatever we put in place is sustainable. We also wanted a system that would benefit every member of our school community.